Avocado Pesto Pasta featuring Cashew Parmesan from Pimp My Salad Collection
A favourite in our household, this avocado pesto pasta is comforting, nourishing, and will have your taste buds singing. Learn exactly how to use our Cashew Parmesan in this dish to lift it to another level.
Prep: 15 minutes
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- ½ pack spiral pasta
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios, for garnish
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- 2 tbsp Cashew Parmesan, for garnish
- 3 cups of greens of your choice, packed (basil, kale, spinach etc)
- A few handfuls of bitter herbs (roquette, coriander etc)
- 1/2 cup nut(s) of choice (I opt for equal amounts of cashew, pine nut and pistachio)
- ¼ cup organic olive oil
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all pesto ingredients except avocado to food processor and process until it’s combined but still has a slightly chunky texture.
- Mash avocado into a bowl with a fork. Once you have the texture you desire, transfer pesto into the same bowl and mix well to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water. Strain, stir vegan butter through and mix pesto through so the pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve with chopped pistachios, fresh herbs of choice and fresh cracked pepper.
- Lastly, sprinkle two tablespoons of our Cashew Parmesan on top, or mix it through to achieve the ultimate, cheesy pesto flavour.