Vegan & Gluten Free Pancakes | Coconut Bacon
VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE PANCAKES
• 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (flax meal)
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 cup non dairy milk
• 3+ tbsp Coconut Bacon
1. Grease pan and preheat over medium heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly mix half of the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, and the rest ¼ cup at a time to avoid a runny batter. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
4. Cook pancakes on the pan, using about ¼ cup of the batter for each one. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes and remove from the pan.
5. Serve with maple syrup and a generous sprinkle of Coconut Bacon!