Vegan Green Bean Casserole | Best Recipe for Vegan Lovers
Vegan green bean casserole
• 1 pound of fresh green beans, rinsed, trimmed and halved
• 1/2 jar of “Pimp My Salad” Coconut Bacon
• 7 ounces mushrooms, sliced into quarters
• 1/2 tsp each, salt and ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp dried sage
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 2 tsps minced garlic
• 2 TBS all-purpose flour (or use chickpea flour to make it gluten-free).
• 3/4cup coconut or almond milk
• 1 1/4 cups coconut or almond half-and-half
• 1 cup sliced onions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean, trim and halve green beans, set aside
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1Tbs of salt
4. Add the green beans to the boiling water and blanch for 5-8 minutes.
5. Drain the beans and set aside.
6. Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet with the coconut oil,
add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until mushrooms
start to soften.
8. Add the garlic, stir, and cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the flour on top and stir until combined.
10. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 3 minutes.
11. Reduce heat to a medium low, and add sage, thyme, and coconut
or almond half and half.
12. Let cool down to thicken, about ten minutes.
13. Remove from the heat and add the bacon and the green beans.
14. Stir in the skillet.
15. Bake until bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.
16. Top with Coconut Bacon
This recipe is adapted from www.eazypeazymealz.com