CASHEW ALFREDO SAUCE
• 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in warm water for 15 minutes)
• 3/4 cup oat milk
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• Salt and pepper
• 1 pack whole meal spaghetti pasta
• 2 tbsp Coconut Bacon for serving
• 1 tbsp Cashew Parmesan for serving
• Fresh chopped chives, for serving
1. Make the sauce. Drain cashews and place into a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until creamy and smooth, adding more milk if the sauce is too thick.
2. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta, reserving a half cup of cooking water. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add pasta and cashew sauce, toss until well combined, adding the reserved water if needed. Serve pasta warm, garnished with Coconut Bacon, Cashew Parmesan and fresh chives. Enjoy right away!