CASHEW LEMON & KALE ALFREDO
• 1/2 onion
• 100g cashews
• 2 cups water
• 2 tsp vegan stock powder
• 20g nutritional yeast
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• Juice from 1 lemon
• 2 cups kale
• Vegan chick’n
1. Saute onion, add other ingredients and simmer for 5 mins.
2. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Using the same pan saute 2 cups of kale for 30 sec, then tip in the sauce.
5. Add cooked pasta of choice and 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Stir to combine.
6. In a separate pan, saute some vegan chick'n pieces (I used 200g homemade seitan) in a tbsp of mixed herbs and pepper. Add to cooked pasta and stir to combine.
7. Top with Hemp Parmesan and cracked pepper!