VEGAN MINESTRONE SOUP
• 1 medium brown onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 medium zucchini, diced
• 2 carrots, diced
• 500 grams bottled passata sauce
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp thyme, fresh or dried
• 1 tsp rosemary fresh or dried, diced
• 1 tsp oregano, fresh or dried
• 200 grams macaroni elbows
• 2 cups kale, chopped
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• 1 400g tin four bean mix or red kidney beans
1. Cook the macaroni according to packet instructions; drain 3-4 minutes prior to al dente. Reserve one cup of the pasta water.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion, garlic and herbs and sauté until soft and fragrant.
3. Add the carrot and zucchini and sauté for a few minutes. Add the passata sauce and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the beans, kale, pasta and pasta water and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes. Test and add salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Serve with crusty bread and a good sprinkle of Hemp Parmesan!