QUINOA BLACK BEAN LETTUCE SATAY CUPS
• 2-4 baby gem lettuce
• 100g quinoa
• 80g black beans (drained weight)
• 40g sweetcorn
• 80g cherry tomatoes, chopped small
• 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
• 1 small bunch fresh herbs, chopped (e.g. coriander, parsley, mint)
• 1 lime
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• 3 large tbsp runny smooth peanut butter
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
• 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
• 3-4 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp Sea Superfoods
• To serve: diced red chilli, optional
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Stir together the black beans, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, spring onion and chopped fresh herbs. Zest the ½ the lime and add that to the bowl with 1 tbsp lime juice and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the satay sauce by stirring together the peanut butter, lime juice, coconut sugar or maple syrup and tamari soy sauce. Gradually add enough water to reach a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully break up the baby gem lettuce so you have little cups.
- Fill thee lettuce cups with roughly 2 tbsp quinoa and top with some black bean salsa. Drizzle over the satay sauce and sprinkle over the Sea Superfoods and some fresh chili.