Lemon Pasta With Garlic Eggplant: Fast and Easy Vegan Meals Recipes
LEMON PASTA WITH GARLIC EGGPLANT
• 1 lb pasta
• 1 large eggplant, cubed
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup lemon juice (approx. 1 large lemon)
• Lemon zest, about 1/2 tbsp
• 1/2 cup good olive oil + 4 tbsp, divided
• 1 tbsp Cashew Parmesan
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
• Fresh parsley, finely chopped
• Red pepper flakes, optional
1. Heat a large skillet and add 4 tbsp olive oil. Add the minced garlic and cook for 10 seconds, then arrange the eggplant cubes and sauté them on medium heat until their skin has browned and crisped up (about 25-30 minutes).
2. While the eggplant is cooking, cook the pasta until al dente, reserving about 1/4 of the pasta water.
3. In a bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, chopped parsley, salt and pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
4. Add the above lemon-olive oil sauce to the cooked pasta, adding the reserved pasta water and mix well.
5. Gently toss in the garlic eggplant, Cashew Parmesan and toasted pine nuts.