Mushroom & Tofu Burger | Vegan Mayo
MUSHROOM & TOFU BURGER
For the S&P Tofu:
• 1 pkt firm tofu
• 1/2 cup cornflour
• Oil for frying
• Salt & white pepper
1. Slice tofu into thick pieces, place paper towel on a board, top with the tofu pieces, place more paper towel and another board or plate on top, then put a heavy item on top to press the moisture out of the tofu. Leave for at least an hour, in the fridge overnight is best.
2. Place cornflour in a bowl and toss the tofu to coat al over.
3. Heat oil in a frypan and fry the tofu on each side until golden, drain on paper towel & sprinkle with salt & white pepper.
For the Mushrooms:
• 1 punnet Shimeji mushrooms
• 2 tsp oil
• 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
• 1 Tbs soy sauce
• 2 tsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
• 2 green onions, finely sliced
1. In a small frypan, heat the oil and sauté the mushrooms on both sides, add the garlic & ginger and stir through.
2. Add the soy sauce, maple syrup & sesame oil. Turn off the heat, add the green onions and allow to simmer.
For the burger:
• Toasted burger buns
• Sautéed shimeji mushrooms & green onion with maple, garlic, ginger, soy & toasted sesame oil
• S&P tofu
• Pickled onion
• Julienned veggies
• Snow pea sprouts
• XO mushroom sauce
1. To assemble, spread all four toasted bun halves with Vegan Mayo. On the bottom bun place lettuce, tofu, stirfry veggies, mushrooms, bean shoots, snow pea shoots & XO sauce.
2. Place the bun on top and enjoy!