PESTO ZA'ATAR SCROLLS
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 2 tsp instant yeast
• 1 1/2 cups plain flour
• 1/2 cup oat milk
• 1 tsp salt
• Hemp Parmesan
• 1 cup pesto
• 1 tomato, sliced
• 1 tbsp za’atar
1. Add warm water (not hot) to a bowl with the sugar and mix in the yeast. Let it sit for 5 mins.
2. Add flour, salt and milk. Stir with a spoon and then switch to hands to knead into a soft smooth dough.
3. Add a tiny amount of oil to the bowl so the base is greased, roll dough into a ball and place back in the middle. Cover with cling wrap or a towel and let it rest until it doubles in size (at least 1 hour).
4. Transfer dough to a clean surface and roll out into a rectangle. Spread pesto over the top and add thinly sliced tomato. Sprinkle za’atar and Hemp Parmesan.
5. Roll up to form a log. Use a piece of string or a knife to cut into 4 rolls. Place them on their flat size in a baking tray brushed with oil, cover and rest for a further 30 mins.
6. Preheat oven to 180°C and after the scrolls have rested, bake for 30 mins. Slice and enjoy!