GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY PESTO
• 500g gnocchi
• 1/2 cup wilted spinach
• 3/4 cup pesto
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 250ml soy cream
• 1 tsp salt
• Fresh basil and roasted pine nuts to garnish
1. In a blender, blend the wilted spinach, salt and pesto. Slowly add in the oil in portions, blending in between each pour for a minute. Then, do the same with the soy cream.
2. Once blended, transfer to a small pot on low heat.
3. In a separate pot, boil salted water and once boiled , add in the gnocchi. When the gnocchi floats to the top remove from the water. *Optional step here: pan fry the gnocchi to give an crispy outer layer.
4. Mix the gnocchi and pesto sauce in a pot or pan and once warm serve with roasted pine nuts, fresh basil leaves and Cashew Parmesan!